Miner Institute Blueprints and Maps Collection
The Heart's Delight Farm started as William Henry Miner's homestead of 144 acres in 1903. By 1918 the farm had grown to over 12,000 acres. With that expansion came the needed construction for the employment and logistics for over 750 employees. This collection contains the original and modified blueprints and maps of this expansion, including the 20 bedroom guesthouse and entertainment center, Harmony Hall. The collection also includes maps of the expanded farmstead, which included 4,000 acres of tillable land, 2,000 acres of pasture, and 6,000 acres of woods.
About the Institute
The William H. Miner Agricultural Research Institute is the present-day manifestation of the philosophy and principles once embodied in Heart's Delight Farm. Since its creation in 1951, the principal function has been, and continues to be, the economic improvement of agricultural operations through research, education, and demonstration. See the complete Wikipedia entry here.